5 Celebrities With Outrageous Home Security Systems
Posted by: phoenix on January 3, 2014
5 Celebrities With Outrageous HomeSecurity Systems. For all the glitz and glamor that us mere mortals think the celebrity life to be, there’s one less savory element, and that’s the unrelenting and unforgiving publicity. Some of us know what it’s like to be stalked, but celebrities have legions of admirers, each convinced that they’re any given performer’s “number one fan”. Some entertainers have had to resort to extraordinary means to protect themselves and their families.
Here are five celebrities with outrageous home security:
1. Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Perhaps the most powerful and influential couple in Hollywood, “Brangelina” has deep pockets when it comes to looking after their six children. The legendary duo have hired retired SAS (Special Air Services) officers to guard their home in the south of France, and installing a security system that is worth almost $235 million. The cameras are hooked up to motion-triggered TV screens, controlled wirelessly so they cannot be shut off by an intruder. Certain parts of the house even require digital fingerprint recognition before granting access.
2. 50 Cent There’s nothing cheap about rapper 50 Cent (Curtis Jackson) and his home security. It costs the performer almost $20,000 a week to keep his Farmington, Connecticut, 52-room mansion (once owned by Mike Tyson) safe, totalling to approximately $1 million in complete camera surveillance for his home.
3. Britney Spears The pop diva behind “Baby One More Time” and “Toxic” has had her share of paparazzi troubles in the past, so it’s no surprise that she spends almost half a million dollars on security (like the features available at http://guardhousesecurity.com/) every year to keep enthusiastic photographers away from her home in Los Angeles.
4. Tom Cruise The Mission: Impossible and celebrity Scientologist’s home in Beverly Hills, California has a small guard shack watching the front gates, and hidden cameras placed everywhere, including a few feet off the ground to capture the license plate numbers of cars entering the property. Staff members are assigned “zones”, and are not allowed to work or move outside of their assigned zones. Security guards once took down an intoxicated neighbor with a taser after he hopped over a fence.
5. Prince William & Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Great Britain’s newest royal couple may not be “celebrities” in the traditional sense, but the security system for their future home is probably the envy of many ordinary celebrities. Their residence will contain air-locked double doors to guard against intruders, closed circuit television, raising bollards and spiked railings to give the future King of England and his queen consort (and their family) all the privacy in the world.
This article was curated from: Curated from: http://www.dallassouthnews.org/2013/02/04/5-celebrities-with-outrageous-home-security-systems/#sthash.RqrVLEyL.dpuf